HP Printer Won’t Print [Fixed]
The printer plays a vital role in daily routine. When it comes to buying a reasonably priced printer with advanced features, the HP printer is the best choice. Numerous HP users reported that they frequently faced an hp printer printing blank pages and HP Printer Won’t Print issues with their device. Before taking your HP printer to a repair shop or contacting the tech support team, users can try to resolve HP Printer Won’t Print by using the troubleshooting steps provided in this article.
Why My HP Printer Not Printing?
HP printer stopped printing documents due to the following possible reasons.
- Paper Jam
- No papers in the Paper tray
- Low Ink or No ink in the ink cartridges
- Corrupted or unsupported Printer driver software
- Faulty connection
- Poor Network connection
- Stuck Print Queue
- Outdated Windows Operating System
The issues can be printer hardware or software driver-related. Users can easily fix the HP Printer Not Printing problem by referring to this article.
What to Do When Your HP Printer is Not Printing?
Users need to carefully execute the given HP printer troubleshooting checks to fix HP Printer is Not Printing problem. Before executing the troubleshooting solutions provided here, the user should power cycle the HP printer. If it doesn’t help then, follow the troubleshooting checks to fix the issue.
- Run Basic HP printer troubleshooting:
Users can check if the printer and computer system are well connected via USB cable. Replace the USB cable with another one if it is damaged. Wireless HP printer users should ensure that the computer and printer are connected to the same network.
- Check and Update Printer driver Software:
Printer driver software is essential for smooth printing operations. Corrupted or unsupported printer drivers might leads to the HP Printer driver unavailable error. In such cases, the user can either download and update the printer driver software by visiting the official HP website or update printer drivers via the control panel of the computer system. Users can update printer drivers by using the steps given below.
- Click on start and type Device Manager on the Search box.
- Tap on Device Manager from the Search Results.
- Expand the Printers Category from the Device Manager Window.
- Right click on your HP printer name Under the Printers.
- Click on Update Drivers.
- Tap on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now windows can automatically find and update drivers required for your HP printer. (Users need to have an internet connection to update drivers.)
- Set HP printer as the Default Printer:
If more than one printer is connected to the computer system then, it is very essential to set the correct printer as the default printer. Users can set HP printer as the Default printer to resolve the HP printer won’t print error.
- Go to Start-> Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers option and right-click on your HP printer.
- Click on Set as default printer option from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts if any.
- Clear Print Queue:
Corrupted file entry in the Print queue can cause the HP printer not printing problem. Users can Restart Printer Spooler services to clear Print Queue of printer. The following steps assist users to Restart Printer Spooler services.
- Press Windows key+ R from the keyboard to launch Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the text box and press the enter button.
- Search and Right-click on the Print Spooler from the Services Window.
- Click on Stop button from the screen.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all the files present in the Printers Directory.
- Open the Printer Spooler Services and tap on Start button.
Alternatively users can clear the Print job queue from the Control panel by referring the steps below.
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer and select See what’s printing from context menu.
- Go to Printer from the menu bar and go with Open as Administrator option.
- Again, Go to Printer from Menu bar and Click on Cancel All Documents.
- Select Yes button to confirm the same.
- Run SFC scan:
The problem HP Printer is Not Printing can also arises due to errors associated with Windows system files. Windows has the built-in feature of SFC scan to fix system files issues. SFC (System File Checker) will scan all the system files and repairs the corrupted or missing system files. Users can run SFC scan by using the steps provided here.
- Press the Windows key and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command prompt and open as administrator.
- Select Yes button to confirm the same.
- Type ‘ sfc /scannow’ command without quotes and tap enter button.
- Wait for SFC scan to complete.
- Restart the computer system and test the printer.
- Check Printer status:
Apart from the above solutions, users need to check printer status by using following troubleshooting checks.
- Check if there are enough print papers in the Paper tray.
- Check the ink levels of the ink cartridges. Replace the ink cartridges if needed.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed.
- Check Printer for the Paper Jam.Remove the Paper jam,if any.
- Clean the print head if it is clogged.
- Check if your HP printer is offline or not. Manually set your printer online if it is offline.
- Update Windows Operating System:
It is good practice to update Windows OS to avoid all kind of errors associated with printer software. Users can check for Windows Update by referring the steps given here.
- Click on Start and open Settings app( Gear icon).
- Go to Update and security-> Windows Update.
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- Wait till windows finish it updates.
We hope that this article assist users in fixing HP printer not printing issues. Users can get in touch with us for any further assistance in Printer troubleshooting and guidance.