Quick Fixes for HP Printer in Error State Problem
Hp printers are well known for its advanced features in pocket-friendly prices. With the advanced features, users are suffering from technical glitches with their HP printer unit. The printer in error state hp is the most common problem faced by HP printer users.
The common reason behind the HP Printer in error state can be overheating printer unit, poor connection, corrupted file in printer spooler, paper jam, etc. Here are the quick and reliable solutions for resolving the error state problem of the HP printer unit.
Troubleshooting HP Printer in Error State Problem:
- Power cycle HP printer and computer system:
The continued use of the printer unit may lead to overheating of the printer hardware. In such cases, users can simply turn off the printer unit. Wait for few seconds and turn on the HP printer. Users can also restart the computer system to fix the issue.
- Check the cable connection:
If restarting doesn’t help the user can check the physical connection between the printer unit and the computer system. Make sure that USB cable is connected properly between the printer unit and the computer system. Users can replace the USB cable with another one and make the connection. Sometimes Hp printer is in an error state due to damaged USB cable so the replacing cable can fix the issue. Users should also try to connect USB cable in another USB port to fix the issue.
- Check network connection:
The users who are having a network printer do not require connecting computer systems to printer via USB cable. They can be connected either via an Ethernet cable or wireless network. Users should check the network connection between the HP printer unit and the computer system.
- Update the printer drivers:
Printer drivers play an important role in the fine working of the printer unit. A printer driver is the piece of code that translates binary data (documents) into a machine-readable format. An outdated, corrupted or incompatible HP printer driver often leads a HP Printer is an error state problem.
HP printer users can visit the official webpage of the HP. Under the support and download section, the user can select the printer device and enter the details like model number, operating system, type (32 bit or 64 bits). After then the user can download and install printer drivers. After downloading the file, user can run and install it in the system by following on-screen instructions. Just installing HP printer drivers is not enough; users should update it regularly for the error-free printer performance. There are various third party software available online which automatically detects and resolves the driver problem.
- Check printer for paper Jam:
Users should check the printer tray for enough papers. Empty paper tray or paper jam may lead to the printer in error state message. If the printer’s paper tray is empty then the user can insets printing papers in the paper tray. If the printer is suffering from the paper jam issue then the user can manually clear the paper jam and restart the printer.
- Delete pending jobs in print queue:
Corrupted entry in the printer spooler can cause the error state message of the HP printer. Users can access the print queue from the system and delete all the pending jobs or specifically corrupted files to fix the problem. After then restart the system and check the printer for error.
These are the quick and a simple check by following which the user can easily fix the HP Printer is an error state issue. Users can feel free to contact us in case of any problems related to the HP printer unit. We are happy to help you.
One-Stop Solutions to Resolve HP Printer is in Error State Problem
If the printer and the computer system are unable to communicate then, users can get an HP printer is in error state message. Users can refer to the steps given in this article of How to Fix HP Printer In Error State Windows 10.
How to Fix HP Printer is in Error State on Windows 10
- Update the port Settings:
Users can update the COM & LPT port settings by using the following steps.
- Press Windows key+ R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and hit the enter button.
- Go to the View tab on the menu bar of Device Manager.
4. Select the Show Hidden Devices option from the context menu.
5. Right-click on the Ports (COM & LPT) and click on the properties option.
6. Go to Port Settings-> Use any interrupt assigned to the port.
7. Select the checkbox of name Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
8. Click on the ok button and reboot your computer system.
- Check if your HP Printer is online:
The offline status of the printer can be the reason behind printer is in an error state hp. Users can set their HP printer online by using the following steps.
- Go to Start-> Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Click on your printer name from the list and check the Printer status.
- If the status of the printer is offline then, right-click and select the option like Use printer online.
In this way, the user can set their printer online and check the printer for the printer is in an error state message.
- Update Printer drivers:
Corrupted or outdated printer driver software often leads to printer errors. Users can use the following steps to update printer drivers on Windows 10.
1. Go to Start and search for the Device Manager.
2. Launch Device Manager.
3. Expand the Print Queue section from the Device Manager.
4. Right-click on the Microsoft Print to PDF option.
5. Select the Update Driver option from the Context Menu.
6. Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software.
In this way, the user can update Printer drivers in Windows 10. Users need to have an active internet connection to Update Printer Drivers.
- Restart Printer Spooler Services:
Users can restart printer spooler services via command prompt. Here are the steps to restart printer spooler services.
- Click on the Start icon and type cmd in the search box. Press the enter button.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select the Run as Administrator option.
3. Click on the Yes button and confirm the same.
4. Type the‘ net stop spooler’ command in the cmd and hit the enter button.
5. After successful execution of the command, type the‘ net start spooler’ command.
6. Press the enter button to run the command.
The user should check the printer for the printer is in an error state issue. If the error persists then, users can check for Windows 10 update.
- Check for Update in Windows 10
For an error-free experience, the user should regularly update their Windows 10 operating system. Users can update Windows 10 OS by using the following steps.
1. Click on Start and Launch Settings application.
2. Go to Update & Security-> Windows Update-> Check for Updates.
3. After then, your system will check for Windows Updates and install them on the PC. Internet connection is necessary to update Windows 10.
The Windows Update process might take several minutes. Users can reboot the system once the Windows Update process is completed.
These are fundamental steps of HP Printer in Error State How to Fix. Users can stay in contact with us in case of any further issues with your HP printer unit.