Quick Fixes for HP Printer in Error State Problem
HP printers are well known for its advanced features in pocket-friendly prices. With the advanced features, users are suffering from technical glitches with their HP printer unit. The printer in error state hp is the most common problem faced by HP printer users.
The common reason behind the HP Printer in error state can be overheating printer unit, poor connection, corrupted file in printer spooler, paper jam, etc. Here are the quick and reliable solutions for resolving the error state problem of the HP printer unit.
Troubleshooting HP Printer in Error State Problem:
- Power cycle devices:
Continue use of the printer for long hours can cause overheating of device hardware and, your device suddenly stopped working. Users can let the printer cool down and run a power cycle by using the given steps.
- Turn off the printer unit.
- Remove the power cable from the power supply.
- Turn off the computer system.
- Wait for a minimum of 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Connect the printer power cable, and turn on the printer.
- Check the printer for out of paper errors:
If there is no paper present in the paper tray then, it shows the printer out-of-paper error. Users can follow the given steps to fix the printer out of paper error.
- Turn off the printer.
- Locate the paper tray of the printer and put the papers in the paper tray.
- Power on the Printer.
- Test print page on the printer.
- Check the printer for paper Jam:
Incorrect loading of paper, rollers damage, use of low-quality papers, and cartridges are the common reasons for printer paper jam. While printing a small piece of paper can get stuck in rollers can lead to a paper jam problem. Users can clear the paper jam in the following way.
- Users can clear the paper jam from the external input tray (paper tray), output tray, and automatic document feeder.
- Turn off the printer and remove the power cable.
- Open the front panel and take out the ink cartridges
- Remove the jammed paper, if any.
- Check rollers for a small piece of torn paper.
- Users can make use of Pincers for a small piece of paper.
- If the complete paper sheet is stuck inside the printer then, gently take out another end of a paper sheet.
- Take out all the papers from the paper tray, if needed.
- Open the rear access door of the printer, and remove the jammed paper, if any.
It is a good idea to run regular printer cleaning cycles to avoid paper jam issues.
- Check ink level of the ink cartridges:
When your HP printer starts printing faded printouts, it is time to replace ink cartridges. Printing images or HTML documents consume more amount of ink than printing text. Low ink level can clogged print head and leads to Printer in error state hp in some printers. Here are the steps to check ink levels of ink cartridges from the computer system.
- Click on the start or windows icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Select devises -> Devices and Printers.
- Double click on your HP printer device.
- It will display the ink levels in the status area.
Users should immediately replace the ink cartridges if the ink level is low.
- Ensure the correct installation of ink cartridges:
Incorrect installation of ink cartridges can lead to the HP Printer is an error state issue. Multiple times, the user installed a color cartridge instead of black ink cartridges and a black cartridge instead of the color ink cartridge. Due to this, the printer might stop working and goes to an error state. Users can follow the steps given here for the proper installation of the ink cartridges.
- Turn on the Printer.
- Slide the paper width guide to the outermost position as shown below.
- Load the paper and adjust the paper width guide to the right side.
- Open the front panel.
- Take out the old color and black ink cartridges.
- Remove the plastic protective tape from the new ink cartridges.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into its slots.
- Close the front panel.
Users prefer to refill ink cartridges instead of replacing ink cartridges.Refilling ink cartridges is pocket-friendly and helps to save the environment too. But users can refill the cartridges maximum of 5 times. After then, the user needs to replace the ink cartridge to avoid HP Printer in error state problem.
- Troubleshoot HP printer :
Users can run printer troubleshooters on a computer system. This will fix and eliminate internal technical problems associated with the printer unit. Steps to troubleshoot the HP printer are given here.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the HP printer and select troubleshoot option from the context menu.
After this, Windows will automatically identify and troubleshoot printer problems.
- Reinstall HP printer device:
The printer can get in an error state due to missing installation files, corrupted drivers files. In such cases, the fresh installation of the HP printer is essential to fix the HP Printer Error State issue. Users can refer to the steps given here to reinstall the HP printer.
- Remove USB cable of printer attached to the computer.
- Click on the Start icon and go to Settings.
- Select Apps from the Settings window.
- Loop for the HP printer program and click on Uninstall button
- Reboot computer system and HP printer
- Connect HP printer to computer via USB cable or network.
- After connecting, it will automatically detect a new device. Follow on-screen instructions to install an HP printer.
- Run an antivirus on the computer :
If the computer is infected with malware, spyware, or virus then, the printer operations can get an error and stopped working. Users can quickly run antivirus scans by using the steps given here.
- Open the antivirus program installed in the system.
- Go to the Scan option and select a full scan.
- Click on Scan now button.
The scanning will take few hours. One should use strong antivirus to prevent the system from getting infected by threats and malware.
The basic solutions to fix HP Printer Error State are given here. Users can feel free to connect us in case of any further issues. Our service executives are available 24*7 in service of users.
One-Stop Solutions to Resolve HP Printer is in Error State Problem
If the printer and the computer system are unable to communicate then, users can get an HP printer is in error state message. Users can refer to the steps given in this article of How to Fix HP Printer In Error State Windows 10.
How to Fix HP Printer is in Error State on Windows 10
- Update the port Settings:
Users can update the COM & LPT port settings by using the following steps.
- Press Windows key+ R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and hit the enter button.
- Go to the View tab on the menu bar of Device Manager.
4. Select the Show Hidden Devices option from the context menu.
5. Right-click on the Ports (COM & LPT) and click on the properties option.
6. Go to Port Settings-> Use any interrupt assigned to the port.
7. Select the checkbox of name Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
8. Click on the ok button and reboot your computer system.
- Check if your HP Printer is online:
The offline status of the printer can be the reason behind printer is in an error state hp. Users can set their HP printer online by using the following steps.
- Go to Start-> Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Click on your printer name from the list and check the Printer status.
- If the status of the printer is offline then, right-click and select the option like Use printer online.
In this way, the user can set their printer online and check the printer for the printer is in an error state message.
- Update Printer drivers:
Corrupted or outdated printer driver software often leads to printer errors. Users can use the following steps to update printer drivers on Windows 10.
1. Go to Start and search for the Device Manager.
2. Launch Device Manager.
3. Expand the Print Queue section from the Device Manager.
4. Right-click on the Microsoft Print to PDF option.
5. Select the Update Driver option from the Context Menu.
6. Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software.
In this way, the user can update Printer drivers in Windows 10. Users need to have an active internet connection to Update Printer Drivers.
- Restart Printer Spooler Services:
Users can restart printer spooler services via command prompt. Here are the steps to restart printer spooler services.
- Click on the Start icon and type cmd in the search box. Press the enter button.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select the Run as Administrator option.
3. Click on the Yes button and confirm the same.
4. Type the‘ net stop spooler’ command in the cmd and hit the enter button.
5. After successful execution of the command, type the‘ net start spooler’ command.
6. Press the enter button to run the command.
The user should check the printer for the printer is in an error state issue. If the error persists then, users can check for Windows 10 update.
- Check for Update in Windows 10
For an error-free experience, the user should regularly update their Windows 10 operating system. Users can update Windows 10 OS by using the following steps.
1. Click on Start and Launch Settings application.
2. Go to Update & Security-> Windows Update-> Check for Updates.
3. After then, your system will check for Windows Updates and install them on the PC. Internet connection is necessary to update Windows 10.
The Windows Update process might take several minutes. Users can reboot the system once the Windows Update process is completed.
These are fundamental steps of HP Printer in Error State How to Fix. Users can stay in contact with us in case of any further issues with your HP printer unit.