Troubleshooting checks to fix Brother Printer Offline on Mac
Unable to print or Scan anything from your Mac device? We understand how frustrating Brother printer Offline Mac moment is for you. That’s why in this article, we explore the common reasons that cause the brother printer is offline issue. We also discuss how to fix Brother Printer Offline On Mac.
Why Does My Brother Printer Offline Mac
Users might get a Brother printer offline error when the brother printer and mac system are unable to communicate. The possible reasons that make your brother’s printer offline Mac are listed below.
- Poor Network Connection
- The printer and Mac are connected to a different wireless network
- Paper Jam
- Incorrect Ink Toner installation
- Brother printer is not set as the default printer
- Outdated Brother printer drivers
- The printer job stuck in the Print queue
- Wrong Brother Printer settings
How Do I Fix Brother Printer Offline On Mac
Users can proceed with the following troubleshooting checks to fix the Brother printer offline on a Mac device.
- Restart the Brother printer and Mac System:
When your brother printing shows the offline message, users can simply power cycle the brother printer and mac system in the following way.
- Turn off the Brother printer.
- Turn off Mac System.
- Remove all the connected cables between the printer unit and the system.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Connect all cables and restart the printer and Mac Device.
- Set Brother printer as default Printer
When multiple printers are connected to a Mac device, it is essential to set brother printer as the default printer on your Mac. Here are the steps to set Brother printer as the default printer on Mac OS.
- Go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Set your brother’s printer as the default printer.
- Reinstall Brother Printer
Users can reinstall the brother printer by referring to the following steps.
- Click on Apple Menu and go to the System preferences.
- Select Print & Scan.
- Click on your brother’s printer from the list
- Press the – icon.
- Press the + icon.
- Select Brother printer from the available device.
- Click on add button and follow the on-screen instruction to add the printer.
- Disable the firewall on Mac
Multiple times, your brother’s printer keeps going offline but it works fine on another system on the same network. In this case, users can disable the firewall on the mac system in the following manner.
- Click on Apple Menu-> System Preferences.
- Go to Security and Privacy.
- Click on the Firewall Section and turn off the firewall.
- Reset Mac Printing System
Users can reset Mac Printing by using the steps given here.
- Open System Preferences from Apple Menu.
- Go to the Printers and Scanners section.
- Users can see the connected printers list on the left panel. Right-click on any space on the left panel.
- Select the Reset Printing System option from the context menu.
This will remove all the printers and their drivers from your Mac system. Users need to add the brother printer and its drivers again on the Mac System.
Hopefully, this article assist users in resolving the brother printer offline on Mac problem. If not then, users can connect with our customer service executive. Our technical team is happy to assist users in troubleshooting all printer problems.