Tips to Use When the Printer Won't Print
Printer not printing? Suddenly printer stopped printing. If you are getting a similar error then, stay tuned with this article. This article enlists the possible reasons and troubleshooting checks to fix When Your Printer Won’t Print.
Why Won’t My Printer Print?
There can be numerous reasons that cause printers won’t print problems. Almost all the issues can be addressed by using simple troubleshooting checks. The possible reasons for printer won’t print are listed below.
- Poor Connection
- No ink in the ink cartridges
- Paper Jam
- Corrupted entry in the print queue
- Outdated printer driver software
- Offline printer
- Empty paper tray
How to Fix Printer Not Printing Error?
The primary solution to fix any kind of printer problem is to power cycle the printer and connected the computer system. If a simple restart doesn’t help then, users can try the following solution to fix the printer not printing error.
- Check Printer ink Cartridges and Paper Tray:
Users need to ensure that there are enough papers in the paper tray before printing documents. Users should use a standard size and good-quality papers for printing. When the printer prints blank pages, the users should check ink cartridges and replace them, if needed. Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed. Printers are having enough ink for printing documents.
- Check Connectivity Between Printer and Computer:
When the computer and printer unit are unable to communicate, the printer goes offline and is unable to print jobs. Users should check the physical cable connection between the computer and printer. If the USB cable is damaged then, the user can replace the USB cable with a new one.
The network printer users should check whether the printer and computer are connected to the same network or not. While printing via Bluetooth, ensure that the printer and computer are placed close to each other.
- Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Windows is having inbuilt printer troubleshooter program that automatically detects and diagnoses the printer issues. Users can run the printer troubleshooter by using the steps given here.
- Click on Start and launch the settings application.
- Go to Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select your printer device from the available devices.
- Go to the printer settings and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the completion of the troubleshooting process.
- Set Your Printer as The Default Printer:
When more than one printer is connected to the computer, it is essential to set your printer as the default printer on the computer. Users can follow the given set of solutions to set their printer as the default printer.
- Go to Start and open the settings app.
- Select Devices-> Printers and Scanners.
- Click on your printer from connected devices and tap on the set as default button.
- Clear Print Job Queue:
The presence of corrupted or completed print jobs in the print job queue can cause the printer won’t print error. Users can Clear the Printer Queue from the control panel. Alternatively, users can also restart the printer spooler services on Windows. It is necessary to check the printer by printing the test print after clearing the print job queue.
- Update Printer Driver Software:
Printer driver software plays a key role in the smooth printing operation. Users should update printer drivers regularly by visiting the official website of the printer manufacturer website. Users can follow the given steps to update printer driver software.
- Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard to open the quick access menu.
- Go to the device manager and expand the printer’s section.
- Right-click on your printer from the list and select the update driver option in the context menu.
- Tap on search automatically for the driver’s option and follow on-screen instructions to update drivers.
- Restart the system after updating the printer driver software.
- Check for Windows updates:
Microsoft constantly updates Windows with new bug fixes and security patches. One should regularly update Windows for an error-free printing experience. Here are the steps to update Windows OS.
- Go to Start ->Settings
- Click on Updates & Security > Windows Update
- Tap on the Check for updates button.
- Restart the computer system.
This is how, users can easily fix the printer’s not printing error. All the troubleshooting checks are tried and tested by experts. Users can feel free to contact us or their respective service providers, like HP, Canon, and So on, in case of any further questions. Our tech support executive is happy to assist users in all kinds of printer troubleshooting.