Canon printers are well known for their excellent functionality and competitive prices. This blog covers all the methods to install and setup Canon Pixma Printer. We have a detailed process to set up the Canon Pixma printer on Windows and Mac computers.
How Do I install a Canon Pixma Printer?
All the New Canon printers are equipped with a CD that contains the installation software. Depending upon the availability of the installation disk users can either complete Canon Pixma Printer Installation using a CD or without CD.
- Canon Printer Installation Using CD:
- Turn ON the printer and computer system.
- Connect the computer and printer via a USB cable.
- Insert the installation disk into the CD tray of your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to run the Printer setup file.
- Canon Printer Installation without CD:
Users can connect their printer to a computer in two ways, either via a USB cable or a wireless network. For USB cable connection, users can use the steps given here.
- Turn ON the printer and connected the computer.
- Connect printer and computer with the help of a USB cable (Users can plug one end of the USB cable into Canon printer and the other into the computer system).
- Visit the official website of Canon printers.
- Go to the Support tab of the Canon website and select the Drivers & Software option.
- Enter the operating system details and download the appropriate Printer Driver Software.
- Double-click on the downloaded printer driver software and follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
Users can also Set up Canon wifi Printer by connecting the printer and computer to the same wireless network.
Canon Printer Installation and Setup on Windows
After purchasing a new Canon printer, users can use the following steps for Canon Pixma printer setup.
- Unbox the Canon printer.
- Plug the power cable into the power outlet.
- Put the Print Pages in Paper Tray.
- Install Ink Cartridges properly.
- Turn ON the Printer and select language.
- Turn on the computer and install the Printer driver software from the official Canon website.
- Connect the printer and computer system. Traditional printer users can connect printers and computers with the help of a USB cable.
- Network printer users connect the printer and the computer system to the same wireless network.
- On the Windows System, go to Start and launch Settings Application.
- Select Devices-> Printers and Scanners.
- Tap on Add Printer or Scanner option.
- Choose your Canon printer from available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the Printer.
- Once the printer is added to Windows, users can give a test print.
Canon Printer Installation and Setup on Mac
Mac users can use the following steps to complete Canon Pixma Printer Setup.
- Unbox the brand-new Canon printer.
- Plug in the power cable and turn ON the printer.
- Put the Pages in the paper tray.
- Install ink cartridges and align the Printer.
- Turn on Mac System.
- Visit the Canon Website and install the appropriate printer driver software.
- Connect printer and computer via USB cable or wireless network.
- Go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences.
- Tap on the Printers and Scanners option.
- Click on the + icon to add your printer to Mac System.
- Select your printer from available printer devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a Canon printer.
- Once the printer is added to Mac, your printer is ready to use.
By referring to this article, Users can easily set up and install Canon printers on Windows and Mac Systems. For the error-free printing experience, users should regularly update printer driver software.