Printer users often face the Printer Showing Offline issues on their devices. If you are stuck with the same issue then, stay tuned with this article. In this article, we discuss the reasons behind the Printer Showing as Offline problem and the troubleshooting solutions on the Printer is Offline How TO Fix.
Why is My Printer Showing as Offline:
Normally, when the computer and printer unit is unable to establish a stable connection, it states the Printer Showing as Offline error. Here are some reasons that lead to why is My Printer Showing as an Offline problem.
- The slow or unresponsive network connection between printer and computer.
- Damaged USB cable.
- Several uncompleted print jobs in the Print queue.
- Outdated printer driver software.
- Internal printer errors like a paper jam or clogged print head.
Before executing the troubleshooting steps given here, the user should simply power cycle their devices in the following way.
- Turn off your printer unit.
- Remove the Main Power cable from the switch.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait for a couple of minutes (Minimum 10 minutes).
- Turn on your computer.
- Switch on your Printer.
Print might stop working due to overheating or overloading. In such a case, the above method works and eliminates the error of Why is My Printer Showing as Offline.
The printer is Offline on Windows 10:
The users who owned the Windows 10 device can use the following troubleshooting steps to fix the MY Printer is Offline Windows 10.
- Check Connection:
If you are using a network printer and trying to connect via wi-fi then, check if the computer and printer are using the same wireless network. The traditional printer users should check if all the cables are properly connected or not.
- Manually set the Printer Online (from settings and device Manager):
Users can use the given steps to manually set printers online on Windows 10 via Settings.
- Go to Start and Launch the Settings App.
- Select Devices-> Printers & Scanners.
- On the Right side of the screen, click on your printer.
- Click on the Open queue button.
- Go to the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, users can manually make the printer Online via Device Manager using the steps given below.
- Go to start and select the Device Manager from the WinX Menu.
- Click on the Action tab.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Go to the Printer name that Has the problem Printer Offline Window 10 Fix.
- Click on the See what’s Printing option from the context menu.
6. Go to the printer tab and remove the checkmark before the option Use Printer Offline.
- Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Users can run the built-in Printer troubleshoot of Windows 10. Users can refer to the steps given here to run Windows Built-in troubleshoot.
- Go to Start and open the Settings.
- Select the Devices-> Troubleshoot.
- In the right pane, click on the Printer and tap on the Run the troubleshooter button.
4. It will take a few seconds to run the troubleshooter.
5. It also provides suggestions to fix the Printer Showing Offline issue.
6. Users should apply all the fixes by following on-screen instructions.
- Restart the Printer Spooler Services:
Users can use the following steps to Restart the Printer Spooler service.
- Press the Windows+ R keys from the keyboard to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc in the text box and hit the enter button.
- In the services window, look for the Printer Spooler Service.
- Check if it is running or stopped.
- Right-click on the Printer Spooler service and click on the Restart option.
- Remove and Reinstall Printer:
Users can remove the printer from the windows 10 system and reinstall it by using the steps given here.
- Go to Start and open the Windows Settings application.
- Click on the Devices-> Printers & Scanners.
- It will display the list of devices connected to the system. Click on your printer and select the Remove option.
- Restart the computer system.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to the Devices-> Printers & Scanners.
- Click on Add Printer or Scanner.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install the printer on Windows 10.
- Check Printer driver Update
Users can update printer drivers from the Device Manager by using the given steps.
- Go to the Start icon. Search and open the Windows Device Manager. (or type devmgmt.msc in the run box and hit enter button)
- Expand the printers in the devices list.
- Right-click on your printer name.
- Select the Update Driver option from the context menu.
- It will take a couple of minutes to update printer drivers.
Users need to have an active internet connection to update printer drivers. Alternatively, users can also update printer drivers by visiting the official website of the Printer Manufacturer.
- Check for Windows Update:
Updating windows also help to resolve the Printer Showing Offline error. One should regularly update windows OS to get new functions and feature updates. Here are the steps to Update Windows 10 OS.
- Go to Start-> Settings.
- Choose Update and Security-> Windows Update option in Settings.
3. Click on Check for Update button on the right side of the screen.
If the Printer is Offline Windows 10 issue is persisted then, users can get in touch with the technical support team of the printer manufacturer.
How to Fix When Printer Is Offline On Mac?
The users who have Mac operating system on a computer device can follow the given steps to troubleshoot the Printer Is Offline Mac.
- Check connection:
Unstable connection is the main reason for the Printer Is Not Connect To Mac so, a user should check whether the printer and Mac are connected to the same network. Try to use an ethernet cable instead of a wireless network.
If you connected the printer via USB cable then, check if it is well connected. Try to connect with another USB cable if it is damaged.
- Clear Print Queue:
A corrupted file entry in the print queue might raise the Printer Is Offline Mac issue so, the user can clear the print queue by using the following steps.
- Go to System Preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer that needs to troubleshoot.
- Click on Open Print Queue.
4. It will display all the pending print jobs from the print queue. Select each item and click on the ‘X’ icon to delete it from the queue.
5. Restart the printer once the print queue is cleared.
- Run Printer Diagnostics of Mac OS
Here are the steps to troubleshoot the printer by using the Printer Diagnostics function of Mac OS.
- Click on the Apple logo and select System Preferences.
- Go to Printers and Scanners.
- Select your printer from the devices.
- Click on the Options & Supplies button from the Printer menu.
- Depending on your printer, you can find the Printer Diagnostics function under the Utility or Diagnostic heading.
- Remove and add the Printer:
The following steps assist users to remove and re-add the printer on Mac.
- Navigate to Apple icon-> System Preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
- Click on your printer that needs to remove.
- Tap on the ‘-‘ button to remove it from Mac.
- Turn off the printer unit and remove the USB cable if it is connected.
- Go to System Preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
- Click on the ‘+’ button to add the printer.
7. Users can click on Default if the printer needs to connect physically with Mac via USB cable.
8. For the network printer, select the IP option to add the printer.
9. Windows option will show the printer that is connected to Windows PC on the same network.
10. Users can select the appropriate option and follow the on-screen instruction to add a printer.
- Update Printer drivers
Users can experience a Printer Is Offline On Mac problem if the printer drivers are not updated. Here are the steps to update printer drivers.
- Launch the App Store.
- Select Updates option.
- Click on install all the printer-related updates. Users need to have an active and stable internet connection to install the update.
- Restore Factory Settings:
The final step is to restore your printer to its factory settings. This steps are different for different models. Users can check the printer manufacturer’s website or user manual to get the steps.
All the troubleshooting solutions on the Printer is Offline How TO Fix are given in the above article. Users can get in touch with us for quick and reliable solutions on all kinds of Printer issues. Our service executives are available 24/7 in the service of the consumers. Users can call on the toll-free Printer service helpline number in case of any assistance.