How to Fix If Printer Prints Blank Pages?
It is very irritating when you are printing an essential document and suddenly, your printer prints blank pages. There can be multiple reasons for printer printing blank pages issues. In this article, we explore the common reasons behind why my printer is printing blank pages and how to fix the printer printing blank pages issue.
Why Is My Printer Printing Blank Pages?
After the printer prints blank pages, users should check if there is enough ink in the ink cartridges. If ink cartridges are run out of ink, the user needs to replace ink cartridges. Multiple possible reasons lead to printers printing blank pages. The common reasons for Why is My Printer Printing Blank Pages are given below.
- No ink in ink Cartridge
- Improper Cartridge Installation
- Clogged Nozzles
- Outdated printer driver issue
- Wrong Paper size
- Presence of Blank pages in the document you’re printing
- Cartridges dislodged from their proper place
Check List When Printer is Printing Blank Pages
Users need to follow the given basic steps to resolve Printer is printing blank pages.
- Check whether the printer unit is placed on a flat and stable surface. Any minor tilt to a printer can cause printing issues.
- Replace the ink cartridges if they run out of ink. Make sure you use genuine ink or toner supplies for your printer unit.
- Remove the tape from new ink cartridges while installing it on your printer.
- Typically, printer ink hardens up and starts Clog Nozzles. Users should clean the print head if necessary.
- Check the printing paper you are using satisfies the printer specifications.
- Check the document page size, orientation, layout, and other printing settings.
What Should I Do? When Printer Printing Blank Pages
If the above preliminary checks do not work then, users can follow the steps by step guide to troubleshoot Printer is printing blank pages.
- Power cycle Printer Device:
For all the technical devices like printers, restarting devices is the primary step to troubleshoot. Users can power cycle devices in the following manner.
- Turn off Printer devices by pressing the power button. Wait for the printer to completely shut down.
- Remove the Printer power cable from the socket. Remove other connected cables too. Wait for a minimum of 3 minutes, reconnect the power cable and other cables.
- Put the power cable in the socket and turn on the printer unit.
- Print the test page.
- Select Skip Blank page:
Users need to ensure that, there are no blank pages in the document you are trying to print. Users can utilize the print preview option to check the presence of blank pages in the document. Users can also select the skip blank page option from the printer driver software.
- Windows 10 users can go to Start and launch Settings application.
- Click on Devices-> Printers & Scanners.
- Tap on your Printer Device and Select the Manage option.
- Click on Printing Preferences and then select Skip blank page.
- Similarly, Mac users can go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
- In the Printers and Scanners Windows, users can click on a printer using and then, select the Options & Supplies button.
- Set the Skip Blank Page option to On.
- Align Printer:
It is imperative for the users who just installed new ink cartridges should align their printer unit by using the steps given here.
- Go to Start-> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and select the Printer Preferences option.
- Under the Features tab, go to Printer Services.
- In the toolbox, users can see Align the Printer cartridges option in the Device Services tab.
- After clicking Align Printer Cartridges option, tap on Align button.
- Follow on-screen instructions to align ink cartridges and calibrate the printer
In this way, users can align the Printer cartridges.
- Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Windows is having a built-in troubleshooter that automatically identifies and resolves the printer error. The users who encountered with Printer printing blank pages issue can run the Windows printer troubleshooter by using the following steps.
- Windows 10 users can go to Start and launch the Settings App.
- Go to Update and Security-> Troubleshoot -> Additional Troubleshooters.
- Tap on the Printer option placed under the Get Up and Running.
- Click on the Run the Troubleshooter button to begin the process.
- Printer the test page after running the troubleshooter.
- Update Printer driver software:
Outdated printer drivers might lead Printer prints blank pages problem. Users should regularly update printer drivers to enjoy error-free printing. Here are the steps to manually update printer drivers. Users need to have an active internet connection to update printer driver software.
- Click on Start-> Device Manager.
- Tap and expand the Print queues.
- Right-click on your printer and select the Update driver option from the context menu.
- Click on Search automatically for the drivers’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to update drivers.
Users can also make use of third-party software like driver easy to fix the printer drivers issues. It resolves all kinds of driver issues and automatically checks for driver updates.
- Restart Printer Spooler Services:
Users can restart Printer Spooler services by using the Steps given here.
- Taps Windows + R keys to launch Run dialog box.
- Type Services.msc in the text box and press enter button.
- In the Services window, look for the printer spooler service.
- Double click on the Printer Spooler service and select the Stop button to stop the service.
- Click on the Ok button to save the changes.
- In the new window, open file explorer and navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Delete all the files present in the directory.
- Again, open the Printer spooler services window and Click on the Start button.
- Set the startup type of the Printer spooler services to automatic.
We hope the above solutions assist you in resolving the printer is printing blank pages problem. Feel free to connect us for other printer issues like HP Envy 4520 Prints Blank Pages , HP Office Jet 4650 printing blank pages, etc.
If the hp printer printing blank pages problem persisted then, users can contact the customer support team of the respective printer manufacturer’s company.