How to Connect My Canon Printer to Wi-Fi on Windows or Mac
Unable to set up a Canon printer on a wireless network? If yes then, read this article to the end. This article contains the different ways to set up Canon printers on Windows as well as Mac operating systems. Users who are not aware of how to connect a Canon printer to Wi-Fi can follow the solutions provided in this article.
The Process to Set up Canon Wi-Fi Printer
After purchasing the new printer, it is essential to set up a Canon wireless printer. There are two ways to connect a Canon printer to Wi-Fi. Users can either connect with wps method or manually set up a Canon printer with Wi-Fi. The following procedure assists users in setting up Canon printer to wi-fi.
- By Using the WPS Button
If your router has the WPS button then, you can Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi using the WPS button. The steps to set up canon wi-fi are given below.
- Turn on your Canon printer and router.
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Press and hold the wireless button on your printer.
- Go to the LAN Wireless Set Up and tap the OK button.
- Now printer starts searching for available networks, click on your access point name (wireless network name).
- Enter the user’s credentials like username or password.
- Manually setup Canon printer to wi-fi network:
If your printer not supporting the WPS button then, users can follow the given set of steps to set up a Canon printer with your wireless network.
- Turn on your printer as well as your wireless router.
- Go to Settings-> Device settings and then press the OK button on your printer. Users can use the up arrow and down arrow to navigate.
- Go to the LAN setting option and select the OK button.
- Select wireless LAN setup and press the OK button.
- Now the Canon printer starts searching for available networks.
- Click on your access point name from the available list.
- Enter the wireless network credentials such as the WPA key or password.
- Press the ok button.
In this way, users can set up a Canon printer with their router.
How to Connect a Canon Printer to wifi on Windows:
After setting up the Canon printer with a network adapter device, it is essential to Connect a Canon Printer to wifi on the computer. The following steps assist Windows users to connect Canon Printer to the wireless network.
- Turn ON the Canon printer as well as the Windows computer.
- Set up a canon printer with a router using the steps given in the earlier section of the article.
- Visit the official website of the Canon printer and go to the support tab.
- Download Canon printer drivers supported for your Windows OS.
- Install the downloaded Canon printer drivers and restart the Windows device.
- Press the Windows+ R keys from the keyboard to invoke the run box.
- Type control printers in the text box and press the ok button.
- In the devices and printers screen click on the add printer option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a Canon printer on a windows pc.
- After adding the Canon printer, print the test page.
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer to wifi on Mac:
Mac users can use the below steps to connect a Canon printer to the wi-fi network.
- Turn ON the Canon printer and Mac computer.
- Set up a cannon printer with the router using the steps given in the earlier section of the article.
- Open the official website of the Canon printer from a web browser and go to the support tab.
- Download the appropriate Canon printer drivers for the Mac system.
- Double-click on downloaded drivers and follow the on-screen instructions to install Canon printer drivers.
- Restart the Mac device.
- Go to the Apple menu-> System and Preferences.
- Click on the Printers and Scanners option.
- Press the + button on the printer and scanner screen to add the Canon printer.
- Once the Canon printer gets added on mac device, print the test page.
In this way, users can easily configure Canon wireless printers on Winodws and Mac operating systems. This article is helpful to users who are struggling to set up Canon printer wi-fi. Users can contact us in case of any questions. Stay tuned with us for more updates.