How To Connect Epson Printer To Wifi
Epson recently launched Epson eco tank printers with wireless printing features. Epson printers are preferred for home as well as official use. To use Epson wireless printers conveniently users, need to connect the Epson printer to a wireless network.
Users can easily perform the Epson Printer Setup and Installation guide by using the user guide or manual. But, Users often face difficulties while connecting Epson printers to Wi-Fi. This article covers the reasons that caused the Epson Printer Not connecting to Wi-Fi and detailed procedures of how to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect Epson Printer to Wi-Fi with a Screen:
The user who owns the Epson printer with a touch screen can use the following set of steps to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
- Turn ON the Epson Printer.
- Press the Home button and Wi-Fi icon respectively.
- Click on the Start Setup or Change Settings option.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option.
- Select your network name and enter a password from the keypad displayed on the printer screen.
- Press the ok button after entering the network details.
- If users can see the wi-fi icon on the screen then, users can connect their Epson printer from their computer or any other mobile device on the same network.
How to Connect EPSON Printer to Wi-Fi without a Screen:
If you have having traditional Epson printer without a touch screen then, you can follow the below steps to connect the Epson printer to a wireless network.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router till the Flashlight blinks.
- Press and hold the wi-fi button on the printer till the wi-fi and wi-fi direct flash light blinks.
- This will automatically establish a connection. The Wi-Fi LED light turns ON after successful connection establishment.
Connect an EPSON Printer to a Phone or Other Devices:
If the users don’t have the network router, they can make use of their smartphone to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
- Press and hold the wi-fi button on the Epson printer till the wi-fi and wi-fi direct LED blinks.
- When the connection is established, the LED indicators of wi-fi and wi-fi direct should be green.
- Press the network status button to print the network information sheet.
- Take your smartphone.
- Look for the network name printed on the network status sheet and enter the respective password.
- Connect to the network.
Why is the Epson Printer Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
Epson printer users are facing issues while connecting to the wireless network due to incorrect settings, network issues, outdated printer firmware, or printer drivers. Users can use the following solutions to fix the Epson printer not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Power cycle Printer
The power cycle always helps to resolve all kinds of hardware as well as software issues. Users can power cycle printers and routers in the following manner.
- Turn off the Epson printer and network router respectively.
- Remove all the cables that are connected between the printer and router.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Reconnect the cables between the printer and router.
- Turn ON the router and printer.
- Set Epson Printer as the Default Printer
- Go to control panel-> Hardware and sound.
- Tap on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select set as the default option from the context menu.
- Update Printer driver software
- Open the Control Panel and click on the Device manager
- Expand the printer’s section.
- Right-click on the Epson printer.
- Select the update driver option.
- Click on the ‘search automatically for the drivers’.
- Follow the instructions prompted on the screen to update Epson printer drivers.
- Turn ON printer sharing
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Devices-> Printers & Scanners.
- Click on your Epson printer unit and tap on the Manage button.
- In printer properties, go to the sharing tab.
- Enable the share this printer option under the sharing tab.