How to Connect a Brother Printer to Wi-Fi? - Quick Setup Guide
Struggling with Wi-Fi Setup for Brother Printer? If yes then, read this blog till the last to configure your brother’s printer on the wireless network. It is very challenging to connect a brother printer on the wireless network. This blog enlists the different ways to set up a brother printer on a Wireless network.
Required Information for Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup:
Few things users need to note down before connecting their brother printer to a wireless network. The first user needs to check the wireless network settings that are attached to the wireless router (access point). In the wireless router settings of the network, users should note down the following details.
- SSID or ESSID: The wireless network name is referred to as SSID (Service Set Identifier) or ESSID (Extended Service Set Identifier).
- Network Password: It is a security key required to access the wireless network. It is sometimes referred to as an encryption key.
If the user is unable to locate the Network SSID and password then, they can contact your internet service provider for the details.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi:
- Setting Up brother printer with Wireless Direct:
If the users don’t have any wi-fi access point then, they can connect their mobile or computer to a brother printer via the Wireless Direct method. In this method, the brother printer unit acts as a wireless access point. Users can refer given steps to set up a brother printer with Wireless Direct.
- Connect your brother’s printer to a computer with the help of a USB Cable.
- Launch the Printer setting tool on your computer.
- Click on the Communication Settings button and go to the General tab.
- Check if the wireless direct is selected as the selected interface.
- Turn on the wi-fi by pressing the Wi-Fi button on your brother’s printer. When the wi-fi is turned on, the Wireless LED starts blinking in blue color after every 3 seconds.
- Select your Printer SSID from a computer or mobile device (DIRECT-*****_PJ-773).
- Enter the password (773****). Here ***** is the last five digits of your printer product serial number.
- Once the connection is established, the Wi-Fi indicator lights in blue
- Setting up Brother Printer via Infrastructure Mode:
The users who owned wireless access points or router can set up their brother printer to wi-fi via the infrastructure method. Users can use the following steps to connect brother printer to Wi-fi by Infrastructure mode.
- Connect Brother printer and computer system via USB cable.
- Press and hold the Wi-fi button on your brother’s printer to start the wi-fi function.
- Start the Printer setting tool on your computer.
- Tap on the communication settings button.
- Go to the general tab.
- Select Wireless LAN as the Select interface
- Go to the Wireless LAN tab. Select infrastructure as the communication mode in wireless settings.
- Now select your router SSID from the wireless network list and enter the password.
- Click on Apply button.
- Once the connection is successfully established between the computer and the brother printer, the Wi-fi indicator light on the printer will turn blue.
- Connecting Brother Printer to Wi-fi via WPS button:
If your router or the wireless access point support WPS then, you can easily configure your brother printer to Wi-fi using the WPS button. Follow the given steps to connect the brother printer to a wireless network using WPS.
- Ensure that your brother’s printer has a WPS symbol.
- Place your brother’s printer close to a wireless access point (router).
- Locate and Press the WPS button on your router.
- Press and hold the Wi-fi button on the printer for 5 seconds.
- Once the connection is successfully established, the Wi-fi indicator light on the printer will turn blue.
- Now your printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Connecting Brother Printer to Wi-fi by Ad-Hoc Mode:
Ad-Hoc mode allows to connection brother printer to wireless without the wireless access point. Use the following set of steps to connect the brother printer to a wireless network.
- Turn on the Wi-fi function on your computer by pressing the wi-fi button.
- Once the Wi-fi function is turned ON, the wireless indicator starts flashing blue after every 3 seconds.
- Connect your printer and computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the Printer setting tools and click on the communication settings button.
- In the General tab, click on the Wireless LAN as the selected interface.
- In the Wireless LAN tab, go to the Wireless settings option and select Ad-hoc as the communication mode.
- Select your printer SSID from the computer and enter a passcode.
- Once the connection is established, the wi-fi indicator lights in blue.