How to Bring Canon Offline Printer Online?
With the high-end features of canon printers, users often encountered with Canon Offline Printer error. There are several reasons that causes the Canon printer is offline issue. In this article, we explore the troubleshooting checks to resolve Canon Printer Offline on Windows on Mac operating system.
Why is My Canon Printer Offline?
Normally when the computer and printer unit are unable to establish connection it shows Offline Canon Printer error. The possible reasons that might leads to canon printer offline issue are given here.
- Poor network connection
- Loose or damaged USB cable
- Printer is in Paused mode/ Sleep mode
- No papers in Printer paper tray
- Paper jam in a printer
- Outdated Printer driver software
- Incompatible Printer drivers
- Technical issue in Printer spooler services
Canon Printer is Offline? How to get back online?
If you are getting similar error with your canon printer then read this article to the end. In this blog we provided separate instructions to resolve Printer is offline issue on Windows as well as Mac OS. Users should carefully follow the below troubleshooting check to fix Canon Printer Offline problem.
- Check Printer and computer connections
When your printer is offline, user should check weather printer and computer system are well-connected or not. The traditional printer users should check if the USB cable is properly connected between computer system and printer unit. Replace USB cable, if it is damaged. Network Printer users should check if printer and PC are connected to the same network. Restart your PC (Windows or Mac) and router if needed. Usually when PC and printer are unable to communicate it shows Printer is Offline error. So, users need to check the cable or network connections between printer and computer system.
Why is My Canon Printer Offline Mac?
- Basic Troubleshooting:
- Press the Power button and hard reboot canon printer unit.
- Go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences-> Printers & Scanners and delete your canon printer from Mac system.
- Uninstall Canon printer drivers from utilities.
- Visit official canon printer website and download necessary canon printer drivers for your system.
- Connect printer and Mac via USB cable and recompose the Printer.
- Recompose Canon Printer:
Users can fix canon printer offline error by removing your canon printer from Mac OS X and adding it again. Detailed steps to recompose canon printer are given below.
- Go to Apple Menu⇾ System Preferences⇾ Printers & Scanners.
- Select your canon printer from the list.
- Click on remove (-) button then, click on Delete button.
- Click on + icon to add your canon printer.
- Follow on-screen instructions to add printer on Mac.
- Reset the Apple Printing System
- Go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences, click on Printer & scanner.
- Right-click and select Reset printing system.
- It will ask user to enter user credentials.
- Enter username and password.
- Wait for Process to complete.
- Recompose the Printer.
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline windows 10 Error?
- Manually Set Canon Printer Online:
Users need to turn off ‘Use printer online’ feature and manually set canon printer online. The following steps assists uses in manually set their canon printer online.
- Go to Start and launch Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound->Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your canon printer devices under the Printers title and click on the See what’s printing option.
- On the menu bar go to the Printer and uncheck the Use printer Offline option.
- Again, tap on Printer option and select cancel all documents option.
- Test the Canon printer for Canon Printer Offline windows 10.
- Set your printer as default printer:
If multiple printers are connected to your PC then, users need to ensure that canon printer is set as your default printer. Users can set canon printer as the default printer in the following way.
- Go to Settings->Devices ->Printers and Scanners.
- Right-click on your canon printer device.
- Click on Manage-> Set as default.
- Restart Printer Spooler Services:
Printer Spooler services plays key role in printing operations. Users might get Canon Printer Offline windows 10 problem if the Printer spooler services are turn off. Users can check and restart Printer spooler services by using the steps given here.
- Press Windows key+ R from keyboard to launch Run Dialog.
- Type services.msc and press the enter button.
- Double-click on Printer spooler service in the services window.
- It will open the properties of screen of printer spooler services. In the General tab, select start button to Enable Printer spooler services.
- Set the Startup type of Printer spooler services as Automatic.
- Update Printer Driver Software:
Outdated Printer driver software might leads to the Canon Printer Offline windows 10. Users need to update canon printer drivers by using the steps given here.
- Launch Run dialog by press windows +R keys.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and press the OK button.
- Expand Print queue section in the device manager.
- Right-click on your canon printer and select Update driver option from the context menu.
- Select Search automaticallyfor updated driver software option and follow on-screen instruction to update canon printer drivers.
- Users need to have an active internet connection for this procedure. Users can also download update printer drivers from official canon website.
In this way, Users can fix canon printer offline problem on windows and mac operating system. Users can connect us for reliable solutions in printer troubleshooting.