Epson Printer Not Printing: How to Troubleshoot?
Epson Printers are widely used for commercial as well as domestic purposes. But the technical glitches of the printer are unenviable. The Epson Printer Not Printing is a frequently encountered issue with several Epson printer users.
In this article, we explore the common reasons that might lead to the printer offline error and how to troubleshoot the Epson printer not the printing problem. If you are facing a similar problem with the Epson printer then, read this article to fix Epson Printer not Printing and Blank Pages issue.
Why is my Epson printer not printing?
Generally, the Epson printer stops printing due to connectivity issues or a system error. Some common reasons that lead to Epson Printer not Printing and Blank Pages are listed below.
- Poor connection between the computer system and Epson printer unit.
- Outdated or corrupted printer driver software.
- Disabled printer spooler services.
- Epson printer is not set as the default printer on your computer.
- Paper jam error.
- Incorrect setting of Epson printer.
- No ink in the Printer ink cartridges or ink cartridges is not installed properly.
- The user is trying to print a blank document.
Users can follow the following troubleshooting checks to fix Epson Printer Not Printing on Windows 10.
- Check connectivity between printer and computer
Epson printer stops printing if the printer unit is unable to communicate with the computer system. Users can check the connection in the following manner.
- Check if the USB cable is properly connected to a computer and printer.
- If not then, connect the USB cable properly.
- Check if the USB cable is damaged.
- Replace the USB cable if necessary.
- For network Epson printer users, check if the printer and computer unit are connected to the same network.
- If you are printing via Bluetooth then, ensure that the printer is placed close to the computer.
- Update printer drivers
Updating printer drivers software on Windows 10 is useful to fix the Epson printer not printing issue. Outdated and corrupted printer drivers often lead the printer errors.
- Visit the official website of the Epson printer
- Go to the support or service page.
- Enter your Epson printer model and operating system details.
- Download the Epson printer drivers
- Set the Epson printer as the default printer
When multiple printers are connected to a computer, it is essential to set the Epson printer as the default printer on the computer. Users can follow the following steps to set the Epson printer as the default printer.
- Start the button and open the control panel from the search bar.
- Under the view by option, select large icons.
- Click on devices and printers.
- It will show the list of connected printers. Right-click on your Epson printer and select the set as a default printer option.
- Clear all jobs from the print queue
A corrupted file entry in the print queue might lead to an Epson printer not printing issue. Users can clear the print queue by using the following steps.
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select See what’s printing from the context menu.
- Go to Printer from the menu bar and go with the Open as Administrator option.
- Again, Go to Printer from the Menu bar and Click on Cancel All Documents.
- Restart Printer spooler services
Printer spooler services play a key role in printing jobs. It establishes the communication between the printer unit and the computer system.
- Press Windows key+ R from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the text box and press the enter button.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler from the Services Window.
- Click on the Stop button from the screen.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all the files present in the Printers Directory.
- Open the Printer Spooler Services and tap on the Start button.
What to do when Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages
- Check if you are trying to print the blank document:
Several times, the document that the user needs to print contains blank pages. Due to this, the user encountered the Epson printer printing blank pages error. Users should check if there are no blank pages present in the document before printing.
- Check Epson printer for paper jam:
Users can manually remove the paper jam of the Epson printer by using the steps given here.
- Turn off the printer and remove the power cable.
- Open the back cover.
- Check if the jammed papers are present below the print head.
- Carefully, remove the jammed paper without tearing it.
- Ensure that all the papers are removed.
- Close the back cover.
- Connect the power cable and turn on the printer.
- Clean Epson print head
It is necessary to clean the clogged print head. Users can use the steps to clean the Epson print head.
- Go to Start and open the control panel-> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Epson printer and select the Printing Preferences option from the context menu.
- Click on Maintenance-> Head Cleaning.
- Follow on-screen instructions. Do not turn off the printer during this process.
- Select Print Nozzle Check Pattern and click on the print button.
- Check the printout. If the printout is clear then click on the finish button.
- Refill Epson ink cartridges
No ink or low ink can be a reason behind the Epson printer printing blank pages issue. So users need to check the ink level and refill the ink cartridges if necessary.
Sequential execution of all the above troubleshooting checks is essential to fix the Epson printer not a printing error. Users can feel free to contact us for further queries. Our technical experts are happy to assist you with printer troubleshooting.