Brother Printer Won't Connect to WiFi: Let’s Fix It
Wi-fi printers are the best choice for domestic as well as official use. Brother has a wide range of wireless printers available in the market. Brother printers are well known for their excellent features and competitive cost. However, users often get errors connecting Brother printer WiFi not working.
The mechanical or technical issues of the Printer can lead to this error. This blog deals with the effective solutions to fix Brother Printer won’t connect to WiFi. Users can carefully follow the steps of How to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi and if it doesn’t help then, follow the troubleshooting checks given here.
Why Brother Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi:
There can be numerous reasons that cause the Brother printer won’t connect to WiFi, some of them are listed below.
- Incorrect wi-fi password
- Weak wi-fi signal
- Network Interference
- Outdated printer firmware
- Incorrect network settings
- Network overload
- Outdated printer firmware
- Antivirus or Windows firewall settings
- Printer hardware issue
6 Tips to Fix Brother Printer Not Connecting To WIFI
- Restart the Brother printer and connect the device:
Restarting devices is the primary step to eliminate all kinds of technical errors. Users can power cycle the printer, router, and computer in the following manner.
- Turn off the printer, computer, and router.
- Remove the power cable of all the devices from the main supply.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Reconnect all the cables.
- Turn on the computer and printer.
- Turn on the router.
- Reset Network Settings:
Incorrect router settings can be the main reason for the Brother Printer not connecting to WiFi. Users can reset the network setting by using the given steps.
- Power on brother printer.
- Go to Menu.
- Use the up and down arrow to select the Network option.
- Press the next button to enter the network.
- Press the Network reset button.
- Confirm the network reset by pressing the 1 or yes.
- Once the reset process completes, connect to a wireless network.
- Test Network Connection:
If resetting the network connection doesn’t help then users can examine the network connection.
- Check if the router and ethernet cables a well-connected.
- Put your printer close to a wireless router.
- Users can create a Mesh network to improve network signal.
- Make use of the WPS (wireless protected setup) feature, as it allows users to connect wireless network without entering SSID and password. Use the steps in How to Connect a Brother Printer to WiFi for connection via WPS.
- Update Printer Firmware:
Users the given steps to update the Brother printer firmware.
- Visit the official website of the Brother printer.
- Check if the printer firmware is already installed tool on your Windows.
- Open the tool by following on-screen prompts.
- Click on the Administrator-> Firmware Update.
- Tap on the New firmware and press the submit button.
- Select the model number of your brother’s printer.
- Follow on-screen instructions to update the printer firmware.
- Update Printer Drivers:
Users should regularly update Brother printer drivers to avoid errors.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Hardware and Sound-> Device Manager.
- It will show all the connected devices.
- Select Brother printer under the printer category.
- Right-click on Brother printer and, click on Update driver software option from the context menu.
- Tap on search for the updated drivers automatically.
- Follow on-screen instructions to Update Printer drivers.
- Print WLAN Report:
Users can print the WLAN report of Brother printer to know the exact solution for your error code. It is the list of error codes, issues, and respective solutions.
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the Brother printer menu.
- Navigate to Print reports with the help of the up and down arrows.
- Select the WLAN report.
- Choose the black (mono), color or start option.
- Check the Connection on the top side of the window. If the connection status is ok, click on the Next button.
- If the connection status is Failed then, users receive an error code and are unable to print the WLAN report.
The Error Codes and Their Explanations Are Given Below.
|TS-01||The Wi-Fi setting of the printer is not active||Set the status of the printer’s network interface to “ON.”|
|TS-02||Unable to detect wireless access||Restart the Wi-Fi router and try to reinstall or update the printer driver. Confirm or reset network SSID and password.|
|TS-03||Incorrect network and security Settings||Check if the correct network SSID and password is entered.|
|TS-04||The selected Authentication/ Encryption method is not supported.||Update the authentication/encryption methods for your Wi-Fi router|
|TS-05||SSID or wi-fi password is incorrect||Enter the correct SID and passcode or updated network credentials.|
|TS-06||Wrong wireless security information is entered.||Ensure that wireless security information (authentication/encryption methods and SSID/network key) is entered properly.|
|TS-07||Unable to find WLAN access with WPS enabled||If using a WPS connection, check the connection method on the wireless router.|
|TS-08||Multiple WLAN access points with WPS enabled detected||Select only one Wireless router within the range that has the active WPS method.|
The above steps assist users in resolving the Brother printer WiFi not working problem. Hopefully, users can connect their printer to a wireless network by referring to this blog. If not then, users can get in touch with Brother printer support.